This is a 3-wheeler "tadpole" EV with 2 steerable front wheels, 1 driven rear wheel, and 2 side-by-side seats.
July 2005 - Jerry has finished the male mold and sent it to the glass shop to build the production tooling.
Sept 2005 - The production molds, tooling have been finished and the first body is being started. New pics under latest progress.
Start with 20 beta units to get processes correct and production running smoothly, then go full production with small factories around the US and Canada as needed
- height 55"
- width 60"
- length 133"
- wheelbase 95"
- tread (front) 56"
- turning radius (?)
- ground clearance 7"
- empty 550 lbs
- payload 500 lbs max
- batteries 750 lbs max
- GVWR 1800 lbs
- top speed 80 mph
- acceleration 0-30 mph ?
- acceleration 0-60 mph ?
- time, 1/4-mile ?
- range at constant 30 mph 125 miles
- range at constant 60 mph 90 miles
These are not all decided yet; choices here are the current favorites. Links on each item go to pages with more options and information involved in the decision process.
- front 155/80R14 radial, 22.8" diameter
- rear 155/80R14 radial, 22.8" diameter
- front Drum
- rear Drum
- type, series DC; quantity 2 D+D ES-22 6.7" motors
- DC 450 amp PWM controller
- front double unequal length A arms, air adjustable shock absorbers)
- rear trailing arm, Gates Polychain belt drive to motor
- type rack and pinion
- type (twelve 6v flooded golf cart batteries, Trojan T-105 or equivalent?)
- battery box 36" wide x 45" long x 12" high
- composite one-piece body/chassis
- 3 doors
Interior & accessories
- seats 2, side-by-side buckets 48" wide cabin
- air conditioner, Electric